Can I make a reservation via telephone?
Unfortunately, this facility is not available.
Can I travel by plane and send my vehicle by ferry?
This service is not available. Vehicle tickets must be sold with a driver.
Is it possible to travel to Tobago/Trinidad and spend only one day?
The earliest sailing from both destinations is at 6:30 a.m. and the last vessel departs at 5:00 p.m. Except on Wednesdays when the last sailing of the ferries is at 12:00 noon.
If I do not use my ticket, can I transfer it to someone else?
No, tickets are non-transferable.
- Tickets purchased at Travel Agencies and at the Port are valid for one year, so they can be revalidated once for travel within that year.
- Tickets purchased online are valid only for the date of sailing and cannot be revalidated
- Refund of tickets can be done at both the Port of Spain and Tobago Terminal offices and will incur a 25% service charge.
I’m going on vacation and would like to know if I can take my pet on the ferry?
Yes you may, provided that they are well secured in safe kennels/cages. You are required to obtain a ‘boat note’ from the Cashier on the day of travel for the animal.
What do I need to purchase ferry tickets?
You must have the names of the travelers and these should appear on the ticket as they are stated on the photo identification. In addition, if you are booking for a senior citizen of Trinidad and Tobago, ensure you have a valid National Photo ID
My baby is just 6 months old and I notice that he can travel free. Is that really so?
Yes. Children under the age of three travel free on the ferry , however they MUST OBTAIN A TICKET for travel. Tickets for infants MUST be obtained at the time of purchase of the ticket for the accompanying adult.
Making a Claim
Procedures for claims:
- The incident/accident must be experienced on the vessel, and or at the port compound – POS and Scarborough, Tobago.
- Should there be a claim of missing bags, items. The baggage handler directs the claimant to the Security Department to make a report. At this time an official claim can be submitted. If not, the claimant is advised to submit documents within (10) days.
- Should there be a claim of damages to vehicles/person. The officer on duty directs the claimant to the Safety or Security Department. The necessary information and photos are taken by the Safety Department. At this time an official claim can be submitted. If not, the claimant is advised to submit documents within (10) days.
- Persons submitting claims must attach their travel ticket stubs and the necessary luggage stubs.
- The Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago/Trinidad and Tobago Inter-island Transportation Co. Ltd is guided by Bye Law 51, made under section 22 of the Port Services, (Dues Charges and Management) Ordinance which is subsidiary legislation to the Port Authority Act Chap. 51:01.